TextNow Honoured for Third Year In A Row as One of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018
WATERLOO, Ontario, April 13, 2018 — Driven by its strong growth and vibrant culture, TextNow, the only freemium full service wireless provider, announced that it has been selected as one of Canada’s Top Small and Medium Employers for 2018. This year marks the third year in a row that TextNow has been awarded this honour by MediaCorp Canada Inc. The annual award is an editorial competition that recognizes Canada’s best workplaces and most forward-thinking human resources policies.
“We are proud to be recognized once again as one of Canada’s exceptional workplaces. We believe that creating great products takes an exceptional team. Perhaps the thing I’m most proud of is the collaborative culture we’ve created over the years,” said Derek Ting, Co-Founder and CEO of TextNow. “With the hiring of a new VP of People and Culture and expansion into a brand new office space, 2018 will only see us leveling up as a company that attracts and cultivates world-class talent.”
In 2017, TextNow’s team grew by close to 30 people, bringing the total to 98 employees. The Company continues to expand its team in both Waterloo and San Francisco.
TextNow is being recognized for:
Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Employees are contributing to the long-term growth and success of TextNow, so the Company offers stock options as part of compensation packages to give them true ownership.
- TextNow matches each employee’s RRSP contributions so retirement planning doesn’t have to be a burden.
- Time off is crucial: TextNow offers unlimited personal time off to encourage a healthy balance for each employee.
Going beyond the paycheck.
- TextNow employees enjoy robust health and wellness programs, including weekly yoga and meditation classes, monthly massages, and one-on-one personal and group fitness training. There’s even an onsite meditation space and massage room.
- TextNow employees can check out books from the on-site library or enjoy a happy hour together with beers on tap in the kitchen.
Creating a collaborative culture.
- TextNow’s collaborative approach is reflected in decisions that impact employees. For example, new office design was decided through a series of employee surveys and roundtable discussions.
- Employees create a sense of community through daily team breakfasts and lunches, and state-of-the-art video conferencing keeps teams in Waterloo closely connected with their coworkers in San Francisco.
2018 promises to be even more exciting for TextNow. To accommodate its continued growth, TextNow employees will work from the new evolv1 building later this year, Canada’s first net zero positive office building located in the David Johnston Research +Technology Park in Waterloo, ON. The TextNow office will occupy 45,000 square feet and will include a 3,000 square foot fitness centre.
For more information on career opportunities at TextNow, please visit https://about.textnow.com/careers/.
About Mediacorp Canada Inc. – Founded in 1992, Mediacorp Canada Inc. is the nation’s largest publisher of employment periodicals. Since 1999, the Toronto-based publisher has managed the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project, which includes 18 regional and special-interest editorial competitions that reach over 13 million Canadians annually through a variety of magazine and newspaper partners. Mediacorp also operates Eluta.ca, the largest Canadian job search engine, which includes editorial reviews from the Canada’s Top 100 Employers project and is used by almost 7 million users each year. Together with Willis Towers Watson, Mediacorp also hosts the Top Employer Summit, Canada’s largest conference for senior-level HR professionals.
About TextNow – TextNow is building a new wireless communications platform that is software first. We are the only full service wireless provider that offers customers a free phone number that they can be used across multiple devices. The TextNow app has been downloaded over 100 million times and counting. For more information, please visit www.textnow.com.